Thread: Furnace Problem
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 02:18 PM   #3
dustinc02
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4877
KS Boy,
There have been many problems/posts on the hand held controller. There have been variations up to 10-12 degrees before the furnace finally turns on. This is a poorly designed system. I have the same and contacted Keystone about it. Is this trailer new to them or is this a new problem that they are having? Keystone did give me a reseet procedure for the furnace. I had to do it to shut down the system as it would just continually run, even when past the desired temp and could not override manually. Since doing that I have not had that problem (Knock on wood). I still have the variations in temp. Some other suggestions that I have heard of, but not tried:
1) Set the remote on the "I feel" setting. This will have the remote "feel" the temp and send a message to the console. Instead of the console determining the temperature. (this may or may not help)
2)Replace the remote with the Dometic "Comfort control center". It will replace the old console with a non-remote option. This is the best route to take, as I have heard of others who have done it and are very happy. Keeps the temp at the set temp.With this option you have to get the "CCC" and then replace the circuit board inside the A/C itself. Total was about $200.00.

This is what I have learned from others on the forum. I hope it helps. If they want to try the reset procedure, it is as follows.

1) Shut off remote furnace
2) Remove batteries from remote
3) Disconnect shore power
4) Disconnect 12 volt battery
5) Let sit for 30 minutes disconnected from all power.
6) reconnect everything after 30 minutes.

If I can be of any other assistance you can PM me.
dustinc02 is offline   Reply With Quote