View Single Post
Old 05-04-2018, 07:12 AM   #28
mjammersc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17609
Here are some general tips not quite covered yet that work for us. When we first get to a site, my DW and I both get out and determine where we want the trailer to end up on the site so there is no confusion on the final outcome. Also note any obstacles of concern, eg low hanging branches, trees, fence posts, other campers/vehicles... We use our cell phones, assuming there is coverage, to communicate with mine set on speaker phone on the console. The driver (me in this case - DW will drive but hasn't parked yet except for the rally class) makes the judgements on where to pull the trailer to for starting positions, turning points, etc unless I ask for clarification due to sightlines. The spotter, DW in my case, gives feedback on room, guidance on progress/direction towards desired agreed upon spot (straighten trailer, move trailer to left side/right side of pad, truck is clear of obstacles up front, …), etc. The spotter should not be giving guidance on how to turn the truck (except when teaching someone maybe) . And as everyone said, patience which after 2+ years still occasionally is an issue in tight camping spots or after really long days on the road.

mjammersc is offline   Reply With Quote