View Single Post
Old 05-25-2006, 10:47 AM   #35
countrygirl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2831
This thread has facinated me and after reading all of the posts, the Recipe book that was mentioned in one post would be a great idea for us that are fulltimers or partimers. I had thought of putting a small recipe book together and actually , I have started on it...that was several years ago. But, the idea of "a recipe book for two" sounds great! I will keep thinking about it and maybe I can come up with something.
I learned from several of you about your planning for meals and some of you do as I do in meal preparation. I take joy in planning meals for our trips. I, like Rickety keep a nice stash of food on hand. The pantry is supplied with staples that I might need, such as canned milk, canned veggies, spagetti, spagetti sauce, etc. The freezer is where I really plan well. I usually buy ground sirloin or chuck for my burgers and for other dishes. I divide it and make patties for the burgers. I wrap each one in foil and stack or put them in a large ziploc bag. Then, take out what you need each time. I buy chicken tenders instead of the large chicken breasts in a frozen bag at Wal-mart. I only take just what we will need for a meal. I can use chicken tenders for chicken salad, fried chicken strips, chicken and dumplings, etc. you get the idea. This makes it easier and is not wastful. The tenders thaw in just a few minutes. Some nights after traveling all day long, I will take out several chicken tenders and thaw and fry them , add a baked potato , salad and there you have an easy meal and very good. These are things that I have just come up with over the last few years to make rving easier for the "cook".
One thing that I did before we went to Florida this May was to bake a fresh pork roast. Then, I divided it and made pulled pork BBQ for sandwiches. I froze several containers, leaving one here in our freezer and taking the other two with us. The sauce I made up is different from the sauce for my rib recipe...but taste pretty good , if I say so. Thanks for letting me ramble!
Shirley or Countrygirl
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote