View Single Post
Old 05-21-2006, 12:03 PM   #57
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I haven't read the entire 6-page thread but Vicki told me Carol had asked about our slide toppers.

First, I did read the initial post and a few replies. If it hasn't already been noted, washer and dryer, whether stack or combo, are not available from Keystone, unless that has changed recently. They do put in a washer/dryer prep, for extra cost, and I highly recommend that. We got the prep and had the dealer purchase and install the washer/dryer stack for us prior to delivery. We have never been sorry.

On the slide toppers, ours were factory installed in July, 2002. This Montana has never been under cover of any kind other than trees (with birds, if you know what I mean). For our 38 months of fulltiming these toppers have been open except when on the road. They have dealt with 112 degree heat in Death Valley (very recently), with five below zero fahrenheit, with snow up to 12 inches and with ice to maybe an inch. They have withstood some really nasty winds when I thought something had to give.

In the past few months I've noticed some cracking in the top layer of the toppers, especially on the longest slide. It is degrading. I have covered those places with eternabond roof tape to prolong the life of the toppers. That seems to be working.

Eventually we will have to have the awning material replaced. We're probably not too far from having to do that. But we will do it. To us the toppers are worth every penny. I never have to crawl up on a ladder or the roof to sweep off the tops of the slides. It also shades the top of the slides.

This is purely my experience with our slide toppers and my opinion as to their value. Each person has to decide for themselves whether slide toppers is right for them.

Good luck. I hope to find some time to get back and read all the replies to your questions. I'm kinda behind at the moment.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote