View Single Post
Old 05-20-2006, 02:54 AM   #42
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Sounds good Colleen..The pre PDI is a real good Idea..wish I could take credit for it but it comes from my FAA days . Would suggest that you provide your dealer with a copy of the PDI and the Pre PDI items that you will specifically look for.Our dealer had gone over evey item before we got there for the pre PDI and we only found a couple of add on items on the pre PDI.Our actual PDI was perfect. Since May 5th we have found no major issues. I would add check for loose/ stripped hinge screws on all the cabinets..it is a easy fix but inexcusable form the factory. Also check where pipes go down through the floor into the front compantment..pull the panels on the side of the bathtub and note the gapping holes to the front compartment..foam insulation does the trick..again inexcusable from the factory. Also the water line to the commode..we could see daylight...foam again..You will need a couple rolls of gorilla tape to seal the underbelly where it attaches to the frame..we get the artic insulation package then theyleave the windows open also a lot of tie wraps small med and large/ There is a lot of wire and cable dressing to do//little things that denote a rushed assembly line but after two weeks of "cleaning up) the Montana is looking good...

We are very satisfied with the Montana as you will be with your choice. Remember //it is the dealers responsibility to provide you with a "perfect off the lot" unit (before you write the final check)..it is your responsibility to see that you get just that. Are we just talking to hear ourselves talk...no...ours was perfect off the lot..it took time and work on our part and a good dealer...

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote