View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 07:23 PM   #9
PeteandJoan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17905
Quote:
Originally Posted by billhansen19304 View Post
My 2015 3711FL has a WF-5110H inverter to power the frig when no shorepower. I've had trouble with it simply shutting off since I picked up the 5er. Dealer was not able to figure out what was going on last fall. I started doing a little research and was finally able to identify what event caused it to shut off. No idea why but I can now reproduce the issue. The Progressive Dynamics Converter that is installed in the camper has a "feature" called Charge Wizard that manages the amount of charge going to the battery based on current charge. It's Boost mode is for a quick charge, Normal for normal use and Storage when there little or no draw. In my case when the Wizard goes from Boost to Normal the downstream inverter shuts down. I can simply turn the switch off and back on and it will restart and run in converter Normal mode but can't seem to handle the transition. Anyone else out there seeing this? I have a dealer appt coming up and would love to be able to simply point them at another example or part. I'm adding the part numbers in question simply for search...
Inverter WFCO WF-5110H
Converter Progressive Dynamics PD4575
I also have WF- 5110H inverter for frig in 2015 3611RL but not positive I have exact same problem. I had been turning off inverter after connecting to shore power as I was told at dealership where purchased. Recently just prior to this trip I read here somewhere to always leave it on unless storing. For 3 travel days I left it on as usual...after being hooked up to shore power a day or so it would be off and refg temps would rise but then start cooling after 15-30 mins. I would turn on inverter again and get same result. Today called Manufacturer and we did a hard reset. Checked it a few mins. later and had red light on. Had batteries check the day before trip....100% charged and 13.1 & 13.2 size 24 Interstate deep cycle (dealer installed! at purchase ). Called manufacturing company again he says it must be DOA, did not offer to replace for me but says they have upgraded that inverter. Probably for this reason?
Sooo, I'm leaving Phoenix area early tomorrow 2 day drive to Creed, CO. What brand inverter should I try to get and also have shipped to Creed campground .. we'll be there a week. Don't really want to have to drive very far to pick up if I don't have to. Any and all advise greatly appreciated .

Thanks
PeteandJoan is offline   Reply With Quote