View Single Post
Old 09-13-2006, 06:44 PM   #1
judyuk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5363
discussion with Montana factory rep.

We live in the Seattle area and are planning on purchasing a fifth wheel next spring. We've checked out just about every 5th wheel in the area and always come back to the Montana.....either the 3400 or the 3650.
Last weekend, we had an opportunity to talk to Charles Wade, the factory representative who was at the Seattle RV show.
I've followed this forum for sometime....it's great,by the way, and I really appreciate all the information I've gotten here and all the nice people who are willing to share the good and the bad! Anyway, I wanted to ask Charles about some of the issues I've read about.

1. Shower leaking: Charles says the factory doesn't like to install one piece showers because if they have to be replaced, there's no way to get them out of the RV. I guess that means they'd have to cut it in pieces and that's too time consuming. He's not aware of leaks other than some problems with the drain. I think I recall a problem with the sides of the base not being cut high enough on the sides but forgot to bring that up...so if you're reading this, Charles

2. The Zenith TV's were purchased several years ago and the cabinets were engineered to fit this model. The factory should be out of stock by January. The LED's are dropping in price enough that hopefully they'll be the new standard option. Don't know if that means changes to the entertainment cabinet too.

3. The new models have all of the connections together on an outside panel and look like they're convenient to use.

There was a "prototype" of the 3400 which we really liked. They used the Cambridge birch interior and it looked sharp. Wish we were ready as I would have bought it. At this time, they have not included it in their lineup.

Thanks again to all of you. You're not only smart, but some of you are really, really funny too!

Judy Healy

judyuk is offline   Reply With Quote