Thread: Alum Wheel TP?
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 03:22 AM   #14
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Had a long discussion with Tireit yesterday. The original lady I talked to passed me on to a more experienced wheel expert. Bottom line...they made the TR6 (our alum wheel) only for the Montana. That wheel is no longer being made. He said it is a very capable and tough wheel and he would have no problem recommending it for use with a G rated tire. I mentioned Goodyear's G614, he responded that it is one of the very best out on the market and worth the extra cost...he called it a "steel on steel" tire...I gathered that meant steel tread and steel side.

Edit #1: It's now just after 3 PM. A while ago I received an email from one of our former members who did a great deal of research on this subject. In his email he sent a copy of an email he got from Tireit saying the TR6 wheel was recertified to 3,750# and 110 psi, and the G614s would work fine. I then called the lady at Tireit who sent that email...it seems she is now "not sure." So I sent her a new email explaining what I'm trying to figure out as well as copies of the other two emails...including her own.

I'll keep you posted. It seems the more I find out, the less I know.

Edit #2: It's now almost 8:00. Got an email back from Tireit, they have forwarded all the paperwork to the actual manufacture of the wheel.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote