View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 02:13 PM   #21
Mel B.
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19469
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjammersc View Post
My DW and I have had a similar conversation as retirement is nearing for us. Right now we plan on keeping the S&B, though it helps ours is paid for, and do short to long term stretches on the road. So far the budget projections for use look doable to do this but that aspect varies person to person.

It sounds like you decision comes down to a couple key aspects; 1) can you afford to go full-timing/long term without selling the S&B and 2) where do you want to have a S&B at some point in the future? If you are planning on/wanting to sell the S&B to build/move to our Washington property, do a FT stint in the interim. If you are wanting to keep a house near the family/in an area where due to market you can't afford to re-buy in, then you need to keep the house. This is just a restatement into more black & white terms of the dilemma it sounds like you two are struggling with.
Well a fair rent for our house would be a little more the double our mortgage, taxes and insurance all together. And no we would never be able to afford to come back and buy a home here again. But I don't know if I want to be a landlord. And we could not afford to keep our house and full time without at least renting it out. Shelley and I have been reading all of your comments, and soaking it up. Were leaning towards selling the house and going for it.