View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 06:05 PM   #17
fulltilt
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #16056
Hi jgmbosnia1
I use a roof cleaner/treatment by "Protect All"...aptly named "Rubber Roof Cleaner", doesn't require rinsing off, although I do, I use it on my toppers, my awning, & slide seals...I have no complaints & have been using it for at least 6 years. I use a sponge with the fine scotch pad backing for stubborn spots, & a bucket of rinse water, so I apply an area small enough to work before it dries, then I soak a microfiber cloth in the water then wipe the dirt/cleaner off. For what it's worth on the white plastic used on the RV exterior that yellow quickly, I buy a liter spray bottle of "Totally Awesome" from the dollar store for a $1.59, spray a small amount on a rag, & wipe the yellow off...looks like new again for another year. On your shower skylight plastic, I use plastic headlight polish , splatter a couple of drops on it, then set my Makita buffer to #4 & in 30 seconds it is clear again. I use Auto Glym resin polish from Great Britain on the gelcoat, I have found that even on fiberglass boats, in my opinion, it works better than the fiberglass polishes that are made specific. Again I use my Makita set at #4, I use a foam pad or lambs wool, but as I buff I spray water on the surface to keep it cool. Always keep your buffer away from the decal edges as you will force wax under the edges & eventually the decals will begin to lift. I use the buffer on the large areas & do the areas near the decals by hand, the Glym is very easy to work with. Please understand that we all have favorite products, I am merely offering these up as they have worked for me for 20 plus years.

FullTilt
fulltilt is offline   Reply With Quote