View Single Post
Old 02-13-2019, 11:40 AM   #36
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottz View Post
I got a set about 2 years ago. I don't think my hearing loss is severe, but I have lost a lot of the high frequencies; worse in one ear. They put me in a set of ReSounds for about $5k. They help with clarity and fidelity and I don't have to turn the TV up so loud. However, they "rustling" sound that occurs when they are touched (behind the ear) by my glasses, hair, whatever, drives me crazy. I have told them, they made adjustments and they still bother me. I seldom wear them now. I wish I would have gotten advise from other wearers before I went this route. Knowing nothing about hearing aids and since I never had them before, I had to rely totally on what they recommended.

Anyone else have experience with ReSound or have issues with the "rustling" sound?

If it's my hair rustling the aids, then it means I'm past due for a trip to the barbershop. As far as my glasses - the ear pieces are worn inside of the aids. I did have to have those ear piecs loosened a bit though. What bothers me the most is wind noise and then the aids go into the storage box until I go back inside.

I realize that not everyone wears their hair short but one of Uncle Sam's 'stylists' way back started me with much shorter hair (goodby DA) but that's not for everyone
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote