View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 02:03 AM   #6
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

We had a blow out with the camper on I-75 earlier this month. I called for a tire change. It had started to rain and if I would have changed it (which I could have) I believe it would have taken much longer. A very hard storm came through while we were on the side of the road. The service got there when they said and about 20 minutes later we were on our way; a total of about an hour. If I would have changed it I know it would have taken much longer because I would have waited on the rain storm to quiet down a little.

Now, with all of that be cautious of who comes out to work on your vehicle. The person looked like someone who may have had a history of drugs, don’t know but making a guess. Anyway I had to help them by getting the crank for the spare tire. When he went to put the lug nuts back on he wanted to put them on backwards because they wouldn’t start easy by hand the way they were supposed to go ( probably due to the hub being warmer than usual.) He said “it wouldn’t make any difference.” I wouldn’t allow that to happen so we started them as best we could and the impact wrench zipped them on in a manner that appeared to be normal. I don’t blame Good Sam’s for this because how would they know who they were getting anyway. This is the second time we have used them this year and once I get a call through to them it has been very professional and timely.

I was literally soaked from the rain but I was able to get inside the Monty and change clothes. The person who changed the tire didn’t have that advantage at all. They were courteous but I’m glad I caught what he was about to do.