View Single Post
Old 03-27-2007, 09:05 AM   #1
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
Our longest trip

We just returned from a 16 day trip in our 3 month old 3074. I pulled the Monty 1500 miles and went up and down 10 percent grades. The truck and the Montana handled perfectly. I am amazed that this things weighs so much more than me little 17 foot travel trailer did yet, it is a dream to tow. I suspect that the MONSTER truck had something to do with it as well.

This also the longest time we have spent living in the Montana. We where also very happy with the space we had. The three of us (see signature) had plenty of room.

Another first was getting fuel while hitched up to the Monty. Not nearly as bad as I had feared and we actually did it twice on the trip. Admittedly both locations had separate diesel pumps which made it easier.

Bottom line for us is: We are very happy with our choices for our first 5th wheel and TV.

Now, I have to find a way to clean all of the bug off of the front of the Monty. To reach all of them I think I will have to back in like I was hitching up and then put a ladder in the back of the truck.

Can't wait until we head can head out again to the the Spring Rally.
BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote