View Single Post
Old 09-18-2016, 02:16 PM   #13
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
If we overnight for the one night and don't extend the slides, I usually don't go through the time to drop the landing gear, but I can imagine the gain in stability with something more solid than the trailer tires and suspension plus the TV tires and suspension. If the movement bothered me that much, then I'd also drop the rear stabilizers.

Note that with my floorplan I have double French doors for the living room that cannot be opened and accessed if the slides are in. So unless I open the slides, there's no need to drop gear or stabilizers just for an overnight.

However, it is nice to know and understand options for overnight stops and when to use landing gear, stabilizers, etc. Also in my case, we were on a trip that required an overnight stay and because I tow slightly nose high I used a set of Lynx leveling blocks under the Monty tires so we slept on the level. We left the truck hitched and didn't drop landing gear or stabilizers but next time I might so the rig doesn't move so much.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote