View Single Post
Old 08-16-2016, 10:54 PM   #13
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

I’ve always used the outside shower for back flushing the tank. I thought it was doing a pretty good job until this summer. I had filled up the tank with water and dumped it several times until I seen clear water coming out of the drain. However, even though the outside shower seemed to be cleaning it well I accumulated a build-up in the tank. Once I realized what was happening I borrowed a spray wand that I placed through the toilet and flushed the tank with good water pressure. At times I also used the outside shower with the wand. It broke up a lot of debris that had built up over a period of time. As it was flushing I noticed way more debris and chunks breaking loose than before. I haven’t had any more problems since. The problem was also causing the toilet to gurgle whenever I would flush due to the restriction. After that I went to Wally World and purchased a wand for cleaning. I carry it in the camper now. It was under $20.00 and with the right water pressure it really broke things loose.