Thread: Hot Team
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2016, 09:57 AM   #12
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
Well we will see how much help I get from this group. Went camping up in the. Blue Mountains this last weekend. Nice drive the unit worked fairly well, except the fake flames annoying squeak started again after extended run time of the fireplace. Only other real issue was the noise when ever we used the water. Sounded like the generator running. Probably a check valve or something. It was campground water and not my tank/pump.

Got home and started opening slides after I put it on the jacks. First thing I notice is that the wood trim that cover the ceiling LED strip light on the ODS had fallen down on one end. Luckily I noticed before opening the slide all the way. Had to get a ladder and remove that half. Of course it is the same side the dealer took down to fix the LED lighting issue. Finish nail barely sticking through the trim. No wonder it fell off. Than I notice a AAA battery laying on the floor mangled and a basting indent on the linoleum floor cause by the battery being under the slide floor for who knows how long. Checked the remotes and found that both Samsung remotes had different types of batteries in them. Of course one of the remotes had one battery in it that matched the one the ruined our kitchen floor. Weird because I have not replaced any batteries because they would never have gone dead in the few times we got to use our 3160. My guess would be when the dealer was prepping it they dropped one of the batteries and could not find it so they just replaced it with another. The quality of manufacturing and service work or lack of quality on these units continues to astound me.
Until these two issues we thought we had a good weekend in our 3160. The trip was only around 120 miles each way with minimal traffic and a lot of the speed through the mountains at around 52mph.

Tom Marty