View Single Post
Old 02-25-2016, 05:41 AM   #14
Eagleback
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15731
When the back cap was off, (i didn't see that part when they took it off), But there was no aluminum frame just a big hole, you could walk right in the trailer. The cap came off in what looks like one piece and it looked like it was attached at gussets along the outside on the side walls and then the rear window was removed and the lights from the broken back cap and then reinstalled in the new cap. It looked as though there was no aluminum in that back cap only wood and fiberglass and steel for attachment then it was what i would call, hung from the side walls and screwed back in to the gussets, Im not real sure how it was screwed back in, ether from outside or inside and then all the trim replaced then sealed then the ladder reinstalled. i wish the unit was still here then i could find out what year and model it was. The owners only stayed as long as it took to fix and they rented one of the cottages from the park to stay in until it was done and the tech did it in one day with a few helpers. but that is really all i know. but there was no aluminum frame on the back welded to the side walls. I forgot to add the upper cabinets were removed and reinstalled after the cap was put back on.
2017, 3500 Ram Big Horn, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, Aisin Transmission, 4:10. Curt Q20, 2014 Mountaineer 331 RLT, Sailun's on the rv and truck.
Eagleback is offline   Reply With Quote