View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 08:16 AM   #1
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Another Phone scam

We have our landline phone is on vacation hold and has been since Sept. I noticed that the balance was 25.95. It should be only 9.95. I called Frontier Phone Co. and was told by them that they had been getting a lot of complaints about this situation. They gave me a toll free # to call which got me to "Payment One" which is how the charges were listed on the bill. They in turn connected me with "My Home Office" who initiated the charges in the first place. They claim that in December Betsy had set up the account and that they had verified the request by talking to someone on our land line #. well it has been disconnected since Sept and I told them so and they said too bad we were still required to pay the two months of 14.95. At this point I got a bit tight and unloaded verbally with them. The end result of this is that is that I called Frontier and had them put a billing block on my account and that they were either to take care of the 29+ dollars or handle it through "My Home Office". The Frontier rep stated that these folks send out emails with "If you do not want these services then click here" I Send all of these type emails thru the junk mail filter and never even look at them. So if you have a land line that is on hold for the winter keep a close eye on the bills. Just another heads up for folks...
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote