View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 06:28 AM   #10
GaryM
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9975
We just had ours repaired here in Pendleton. As stated in one of my other posts, they welded the two tubes just behind the pin box. These two tubes run the width of the frame. Apparently they are welded together on the top side but not the bottom. When you put weight on the frame it causes the closest beam to the pin box to separate on the bottom from the other. By welding them together it reduced the amount of movement of the pin box. Steel will naturally deflect even if it is welded solid. As with our rig it now pulls allot better and yes there is still movement in the pin box area. Now you can feel the weight on my springs when you go over a bump and not the bouncy rubber band feeling I was experiencing before. I did lower my pin box to give me more clearance between the rv and truck box sides as I had lost some clearance from the pin movement (also to reduce the wear that was going on between the cap and pin box). Now my rig sits a little high in the front and I will move the pin box back to the top holes when I get home. When I first pulled the rig it was like it was not even there then over time you could feel the jerking bouncing affect of the pin box deflection. I will see how it feels on our trip home and after I move the pin box back to it’s original position. I will repost on here when I get some results.

Gary
GaryM is offline   Reply With Quote