View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 07:50 AM   #6
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
I have had several opportunities to drop the belly pan on our rig. On ours it is several panels, but on the newer rigs it is a single panel for the entire belly. It can be a very large pain to do but after doing mine I decided to go with the See Level gauge system from Garnet. For the fresh water, black water, gray water, galley tank, with water heater and pump switch panel it runs around 350 at most RV shows. while at Q the Garnet rep volunteered to install it for free if I would drop the belly pan. Had I not been parked on top of a field of golf ball sized rocks I would have taken him up on it. The sensors for this system stick to the outside of the tanks and run off one wire and ground system instead of 4 wire system. So you don't need to run any wires as you already have 4 wires for each tank already in place. They read density through the wall of the tank and a little sludge there has virtually no effect on the readings. They also read in 1/8 increments so you get a better idea of exactly how much is in the tank. The sensors are small circuit boards about an inch wide and 16 inches long, following the instructions you cut them down to their length to the height of your tank and peel and stick them to the side of the tank. The hardest part of the job is dropping the belly pan... The model for our 5th wheels should be the 709-4PH which gives you 4 tank sensors, fresh, galley, black, gray, the switch for the water heater and the pump switch. The control panel will replace the OEM panel in the rig.
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote