View Single Post
Old 11-25-2017, 08:20 PM   #20
MARK A
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
Hi

The deep cycle battery is different than the standard automotive or marine battery. I have been using the AGM batteries for a lot of application that had the standard flooded battery including our Montana.

The deep cycle battery is of a different deign using a little different plate spacing and heaver acid. As Lenny K posted the manufacturer of those batteries recommend a higher charge voltage than the standard batteries.

I haven’t used the 6V Trojan batteries in the 12V configuration only in the 36V configuration and always just relied on the golf cart battery charger. I haven’t worked with any of the latter golf carts so I have no knowledge about the newer chargers the older ones used a timer to shut them of in a given number of hours.

I guess I should study up on the Trojans as our new fifth wheel will have the household refrigerator. I like the specs on the Trojan T-125 6v battery. 2 of those configured for 12V would give you 240 AH and for the weight and sizes I don’t know of anything else that will deliver that kind of power. The charger would have to comply with the Trojan recommendations to give you that kind of service.

Phil P
Phil,
For what it's worth we have 4 T-105 6V batteries and they work great, I've only had to add water 3X in 2 years. I have gone 3-4 days without having issues. Maybe would've gone longer but we had to come home. ;-)

Mark