View Single Post
Old 09-04-2019, 02:07 PM   #8
RV6A
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19552
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
Glad you located break in 12 VDC from air conditioner control module to thermostat.

With a 15 amp service you can at least turn on the fan on each AC unit... one at a time to verify thermostat is now controlling the AC units.
I figured that out on my own and the AC fan would run. I know this sounds strange but we have never had the AC on and only used the furnace the weekend after we brought the trailer home as we stayed in it for a test run. I have a 30K BTU vented propane heater (no fan) to keep us warm in the fall/spring. Most of our camping has been "Dry" so the less battery powered items the better. I installed two Battle Born 100 Amp hour batteries last year, what a difference that made. Next is solar on the roof.

I spent the Holliday weekend in 95-100F temps and the single AC worked. With all the blinds closed and the AC running full blast the interior stayed in the mid 70's with the big vent on the AC open. I closed the big vent to feed air to the bedroom in the evening and the cool blast from the ceiling was nice. Since I was gone all day all I wanted was the trailer to be livable when I returned in the afternoon. It worked great.
8500' MSL in Pine, Colorado
RV6A is offline   Reply With Quote