View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 12:30 PM   #18
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
UPDATE: I spoke to Splendide and did some research. Evidently the model I ordered, 7100XC, is a truly ventless model, and is I guess new technology. There is no way for condensation to enter your trailer because it uses cold water to condense the hot water and then it drains out the drain into grey water tank. Per Splendide this is different than what people used to call 'ventless', which used to mean you took a vented model and didn't vent it to the outside but vented it inside using a ball to supposedly prevent moisture from entering the air. The ball never worked and you will fill your trailer with condensate. He said the new model is based on some European technology that uses an extra 2.5 gal of water per hour of dry time to dry your clothing. Dear hubby has informed me that we are going to try it out and if we are not happy we will return it. He does NOT want to cut any holes into the trailer because we are having a hell of a time mouse proofing the holes that already exist. (We live near several large farm fields).

So we will install it, I will use it, and I will report back to you my honest findings! I am sure if I was living in it full time I would want a vented model but for our week long trips this should be fine....keep your fingers crossed!

I do appreciate all of your input and will make sure I keep an eye out for condensation entering the trailer.
BusyCarol is offline   Reply With Quote