View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 06:16 AM   #3
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
I will have to get back to you on the Cameo observations Scattershot because mine has NOT come in yet (today YIPPEEE!). The big difference between it and the Cricut is that you need cartridges for the Cricut whereas the Cameo uses any font you have on your computer (or can get from the internet) and any image that you are willing to work with in their software. They also have an image library that you can buy individual images from or a monthly quantity.

I do know that if you get one for her make sure you get the extra design studio software (an extra $50) but it makes the Cameo a much more powerful device! I have also heard that you can cut much more intricate designs with the Cameo vs the Cricut. It is supposed to be much more versatile. There are lots of good reviews on Amazon.

I ordered mine off of Amazon because the 'Starter Kit' comes with extra stuff that most sites don't include and it was cheaper. Let me know if you need more information. If you do have more questions let me know what type of crafts your wife does and I can respond to those specific questions. What a nice husband you are for thinking of such a great gift!
BusyCarol is offline   Reply With Quote