View Single Post
Old 03-08-2014, 08:38 AM   #14
RidgecrestDad
Established Member

M.O.C. #8969
I recently saw the Level Up System at Quartzsite and will be having the Lippert Level Up System installed early next month. As I get closer to install I start to wonder how the system is actually functioning for us Montana owners?

The first thing of note that I find interesting are the comments wrt use of pads. Good comments.

I also note discussion about popping sounds. Do we have any ideas as to what is causing the popping? And why would a pad reduce or eliminate that sound?

Have y'all found the system to be a "god send" or are there additional issues and gotchas that come with the system?

With the Level up have y'all stopped using (and subsequently removed) previously installed rear stabilizers? Or do you still use them? What about a kingpin tripod? Do you still use that for upper deck support and stabilization? Stated more succinctly, does the Level up provide a level and stable (no rocking) 5er?

If most everyone has removed or stopped using the additional stabilizers I will probably drop them before heading off to see Lippert; it will reduce weight and I won't carry the extra units that are no longer necessary.

And finally, are y'all using the Lippert System or another brand?
RidgecrestDad is offline   Reply With Quote