Thread: Terrorism
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2015, 02:32 AM   #68
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
Good post Mike. Before I retired in 2010 from the Illinois State Police they were just starting active Shooter Training. I was still in a UC roll in a narcotics task force so I did not take all the training. The transition from "on duty" status to being retired is a process. It took me a couple of years to fully transition. While I carry almost all of the time it is now more for my families protection and my own. There still could be an extreme situation where I would try to assist someone else in a life and death situation, but I would be much more cautious now than before I was retired.

Just to add to what Ozz said, with all the negative press about LE lately, 99% of the citizens out there know and understand that most of our officers are out there doing their jobs protecting us. An old retired city cop told me this back in the 70's when I started my career "if you want good pay, regular hours, and credit for a job well done then you need to go someplace else". I found out that he was pretty spot on.

But like Ozz, I know I sleep better at night knowing that my brothers in blue are still out there risking their lives for us every single night. Thank you!