View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 08:47 PM   #1
08UltraRider
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10763
I dropped her and was lucky!

The inevitable happened a few days ago….

I was hooking up to the HC at the storage lot where I had forgotten to put in the wheel chocks when I previously left the trailer there and………… it slipped off the blocks and down she went onto the box rails of the Silverado….

The planets were lined up in my favor that day because it didn’t make a mark on the truck…

1) The ground/gravel was soft enough that it absorbed the shock to the front jacks so no damage there…

2) The jacks were extended enough that they took the brunt of the weight and stopped it before the truck took on too much of the weight.

3) I have a Line-X bed liner along WITH the box rails so there wasn’t a mark on the box rails or a dimple. Good testimony for Line-X!

The only damage was a seam on the left front corner behind the front cap popped the seal… Total cost of the repair was $5.99 for a tube of silicone….

Seeing as I was this lucky that day I thought I might get lucky twice so I went a bought a lottery ticket…. No such luck there but that’s ok…. I already got a huge break that day…

I also came to realize just how easy it is to drop your 5er... I drove trucks for a while in my younger days and never came close to dropping the trailer.... A bedsaver just moved up a few notches on the list!

08UltraRider is offline   Reply With Quote