View Single Post
Old 01-29-2005, 03:08 AM   #49
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Update on the Stevens progress.

Managed to pull out of Tipton on Thursday AM, temps running 4 below. Yep, the slides went in, yep, they stopped about half way in, yep, started right back up, yep, moved VERYYYYYYY slow!

Drove 390 miles Thursday, still COLD in Watson, Illinois, found a cute little place to stay, airport, driving range (too cold to even contemplate golf), restaurant, and a surname that my bestest friend is researching (us family history buffs, always on the lookup for surnames!).

Drove 380 miles yesterday, partly in the rain, ick. We are in Brinkley Arkansas, just west of Memphis Tennessee, it is about 40 degrees, raining, ick, and we are staying here one more night. Al still is not feeling 100% and he needs a little wound healing time.

I drove again yesterday (only the second time since we have had this baby) and I am again reminded how wonderful this unit pulls, WOWIE, what a dream to pull! Just like it ain't back there.

We figure it is probably another 3 day pull to the Rio Grande, we still have NO idea where we will be staying, so will update everyone when we find out ourselves!

Cheers, see ya all sometime in Texas!

Carol
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote