Thread: need some help
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2004, 01:13 AM   #6
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
we previously had a MH prior to our 5vr. it's always a tough decision which way to go.what helped us decide was how much traveling we were going to do. if you plan to put a large number of miles on the road a MH is really nice...it's nice to be able to walk around and get items while traveling.we found that our usage is now more stable and we stay in one place for the majority of our use. the worst thing in the world for a MH engine is lack of use. sitting for long periods isn't good for it. they are ment to be on the go.

our 5vr believe it or not travels better and rides nicer than our MH did.we get better MPG and lower maintenance. we actually enjoy the ride more in the 5vr. I do miss the MH when traveling with small children, but the few times it happens are not worth the change. each person has to weigh the options on there own. i belive we made the right decision FOR US and for now. in a few years we can re-evaluate.

as for the generator, we bought one...because we had always had one. used it 2 times this year...only while traveling. then set up on a seasonal campsite and never used it again. if your seasonal, I don't believe it is anything you will need.

one A/C has worked fine for us. even when we had the MH, we never used them both at the same time.
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote