View Single Post
Old 07-14-2023, 01:13 PM   #13
Ricefarmer
Established Member

M.O.C. #27892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikendebbie View Post
Ricefarmer - i had an issue with my hydraulic leveling system Dec 2022 where my passenger side jacks would not stay up…they would creep down (not all the way). I did not have any leaks in the system. Forum members here urged me to cycle the hydraulic system several times to remove a possible air bubble. This was sort if at the tail end after covid shut downs and my RV had been sitting for a year or more and i had put the slides in and out a few times for access but had not touched the leveling system. Cycling the system 5 to 7 times cured my issue. Therefore i am resolved to work my levelers manually every month or 2…and work the slide rooms also. It is dusty out in the boondocks where i live so i will be wiping down the rams with silicone before running the system.
Checked my slide out rams, was surprised to find them extremely rusted do to the salt air at the coast where our Montana is located!! Afraid to cycle them now, worried it will harm the Ram seals when they retract! Will try to clean them up. Anyone have this problem.
Ricefarmer is offline   Reply With Quote