View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 02:12 AM   #16
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Tom S.

We got our TST system today and it was very easy to hook up. I set 75 lbs as a low warning, but I don't know what to use for the high pressure warning. Any suggestions? Same thing for the temps - what is considered high temps for a tire?

I'm going to try Googling for answers and if I find out anything, I come back and post it.
Day before yesterday I balance all the tire pressures on RED (TV) and the outside temp was 70 degrees. Yesterday I check them early morning with the outside temp at 50 degrees. All 7 tires had dropped FIVE pounds, based on the 20 degree difference of outside temperature. I then aired Monty's tires up to 80 pounds with the temp at 50 or so degrees. Later that day I made a trip to the service center and my alarm went off. High pressure. I had my alarm set at 15 pounds above desired pressure and the tires had gone to 16 pounds with the outside temperature at about 70 to 75 and of course road heat. I am now setting the hi pressure at 20 pounds above desired temperature.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote