View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 01:32 AM   #5
happy campers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6523
The tank on our '05 developed a "seepy" leak where the tank mounts to the pump. I understand there is an "O" ring there that sometimes fails and causes a leak. We had a film of oil that ended up on the mounting plate and surrounding areas, but no big puddles. As TLightning said, the fluid components are covered under a 5yr warranty by Lippert, and our dealer installed a new pump and tank assembly. It was the old style, but it doesn't leak now so we're happy. One thing I did do on this one was to cut a piece of the 1" rigid pink foam insulation big enough to fit under the tank just to give it a little support. I was thinking that by keeping the tank supported, it might reduce it's possible bouncing movement and therefore, not put any stresses on the "O" ring. I'd pursue having you dealer assume all costs just because it is under warranty. I did make the initial contact with Lippert, and they took my VIN# and determined they would cover the work. They made all of the arrangements with our dealer. Good luck, and keep us up to date.
happy campers is offline   Reply With Quote