View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 07:41 PM   #30
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselguy View Post
Jim … we weren't talking about a $1000 change. I attempted to point out several replies up that 2 minutes each for a handful of "improvements in assembly technique" add up to tens of not hundreds of thousands of dollars when you're talking production numbers like Thor Industries puts out each year. Probably not gonna happen in production as we know it today. As for "the buyers" … at the CW I'm unfortunately familiar with, upper management with limited input from sales does the ordering.

Rich … you don't live in a different world. Working at Disney cannot be compared to being on an assembly line doing the same thing you've done for years and years over and over and over. You get numb … you loose the fire you had when you hired on … but the pay and benefits are good and it's hard to give that up. You get up each morning, take a breath, and keep clocking in.
Not all that different.I did the same thing in my job in attractions over and over again day in and day out. Fortunately We did not have to work there the pay was low and we had benefits carried over into retirement. We worked on assembly lines while going to school years ago which gave me incentive to stay in school.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote