Thread: Sailun S637
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2018, 03:27 PM   #278
bad99ram
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18650
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemoore View Post
We are lucky here in Lake Havasu City AZ. We have hundreds of RVs here and the local Discount Tire Store know how to handle them. They know where to jack them up, always recommends balancing and have lug centric equipment. I just deal with Discount but asking arround just about all tire shops here do the same. My guess is if you are in an area where there is a large concentration of RVs the tires shops know how to take care of them.

On the subject of balancing trailer tires. Why in the world would you not balance them? Balancing does at least 3 things that come to mind. 1 improves the ride. 2 reduces wear and tear on the running gear and all other parts of the rig. 3 eliminates low spots created by the tires bouncing down the road. These low spots or some call then pot marks result in premature tire wear. There is no difference for the need to balance between the Truck and trailer. Both are going the same speed so if one needs balancing both need to be balanced.
Just saying is all.

While I agree with you 100% have you ever wondered why they are not balanced on new trailers ? My new Sailuns that will be installed next week will be balanced.
bad99ram is offline   Reply With Quote