View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 11:51 PM   #34
Texan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19873
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggarView View Post
a couple of questions come to mind... what are you using to tow it with? Second, by raising it 3", what is your new overall trailer height? I'd hate to read that you had an encounter with a bridge 'cuz you forgot to take the extra height into consideration.
I tow with a ram 3500 4wd. As for as the height, i was 13.5'' before and after measuring from the front air which is the highest point on just about anybody's trailer. Remember, you've actually raising the rv straight up at the wheels so you won't be raising the front up at all.In fact, if you kept raising the rv at the wheels then you would eventually be lowering the front on account the wheels and hitch are the only points of contact. I could raise the front by adding more air to the airbags on the truck or more air in the airbags on the hensley hitch. Mor-Ryde always measures the rv before installing there I.S. so they can give you the most level ride. While my rv might be level with my set-up there might have to be more or less raising of your rv to fit your particular truck and hitch.
Texan is offline   Reply With Quote