View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 06:33 AM   #29
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
I have mixed emotions when it comes to opinions about other campers with dogs. I was a K-9 handler for part of my career which influences my opinion.

On one hand I find most folks never get their dogs obedience trained and it is a joke to watch them being walked by their dogs. They treat their dogs like children which is a disservice to the dogs in the first place. On the other hand I recognize some folks need for companionship and it is their business how they want to handle and take care of their pets.

They can pee in my rented camp spot and it doesn't bother me. If they drop the deuce then I would expect them to clean it up.

The worse example of rude behavior I have ever witnessed happened in a central Illinois CG over a year ago (I think I told this story before). I was up very early reading the news on my computer. As I watched out the front window of my MH a gentlemen walked his dog past. The dog pulled him over to where my covered Harley was parked. The dog lifted his leg and did what all dogs do naturally. By the time I unwound myself from my computer and seat and got outside he was a couple sites away. I looked at my $150.00 motorcycle cover, now dripping with urine, and was very upset. I yelled down the street at him and warned him in not so nice of words that he should avoid doing anything like that again. He denied that his dog had done it. As I quickly walked in his direction, more possibly expressing my displeasure a little more loudly, he ran to his MH and ducked inside. I cooled down and hosed off my cover.

Later I told the story to the CG management and she said he would never be allowed back in. We have used the CG for extended stays again and I have never seen him again so maybe she did turn him away.