View Single Post
Old 04-15-2006, 04:57 PM   #11
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Bud, you are going to love your new 2955RL. We love ours but a word of caution. Because the 2955RL is the only model in the Montana line up with the rear steps BEHIND the wheels, there can be a clearance problem and ask me how I know. I took mine for a good shake down drive today because we are leaving for a 7 week trip on Thursday. I went downtown and all around and I was so impressed how well the Monty pulls and tracks and the trailer wheels were always where I wanted them. I even did a round-about without touching the tires to a curb. Anyway when I got home, I backed her up into my front driveway for easy packing and I noticed I had hit my stairs on something. Thank heavans, no damage to the Coach but the stairs are badly twisted. I can fix them, no problem.
I have stated in other posts that I have removed these stairs when I travel on the Ferry and it is a simple job, only four 3/8" bolts and with a 9/16" ratchet wrench I can have them off in a couple of minutes.

My truck is an 05 F350 4x4 with 18" wheels and it is a very high truck but the Monty sits pretty level on it and feel real good inside so I will just take these steps off when I travel and use portable stairs when we stop on the road. No big deal. Take care, Don.

Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote