View Single Post
Old 06-24-2018, 11:04 PM   #19
Mark7
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollingthunder View Post
So, already having issues... the bottom plate on the hitch fell off. Before we even took off...
I don't understand what happened there, but am trying to picture it. Could you elaborate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollingthunder View Post
needed additional help from 3 more experienced fivers to get unhitched once in camp, then couldn’t get the only house door open... seems like we weren’t Supposed to camp this week.... still smiling though!
Never hurts to ask for help when you are having trouble. Since you were having trouble getting unhooked and the door would not open, I suspect you might have not been in a real level spot and things were twisted a bit.

I had an old hitch that did not swivel from sided to side and if I ever had to pull the pin and I was not perfectly level side to side, it was near impossible! Bent the handle many times trying. I finally bought a Reese that tilts side to side and that cured that problem for me.

Like others have said... watch your height! I drive truck for a living so that is automatic for me, but I have seen many 5er's on the road with front end damage or vents torn off the roof on the upper deck. Also, don't get distracted when hooking or unhooking your rig. It is not a good idea to open the endgate to pull the plug when unhooking, and then close it again and drive the truck away. The endgate is not made to drag a dollied off trailer across the lot. Don't ask me how I know that

Enjoy your new home!
Mark7 is offline   Reply With Quote