View Single Post
Old 10-12-2016, 05:31 AM   #4
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
I put the Jack antenna on the mast of the batwing when I got the newer unit and I swear by it. All I had to do is pull the pin that hold the batwing to the crank-up mast take the coax off the batwing, put the new Jack antenna on the mast, reinstall the pin to hold the Jack on and reconnect the coax to the Jack and all was done. Took about 10 minutes at the most. In most campgrounds and out in the boonies when others are receiving from 5-10 channels, we're getting 15-20+. Of course some are duplicate channels because it's pulling in different broadcasting locations but the Jack is great. I've also gone to the FCC site for broadcasting channels or stations and locate the strongest signals for very best reception. I'm installing a signal meter also that I won at a rally two years ago and that should also eliminate a lot of guess work for finding strong channels.

One of the sessions at the Fall Rally this year had one of the new antennas like the King Jack main body ones and rotated from inside like the OEM mast batwings. They said they pull in just an many channel, if not more,as the regular Jack's that attach to the mast. They gave us one for the Raffle table but it was the one that attaches to the mast. Don't remember who won it but maybe they have installed it and can give us a report if they see this post.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote