View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 07:07 PM   #3
dpam
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10119
Ron, I don't disagree with your point of view. If a local dealer sold 5th wheels that we wanted...yes we most likely would have bought there even if we had to pay a little more, but in our case we wanted a Monty and no dealers in Calgary sold the product. I still don't understand some RV Dealers mentality. For example look at the auto/truck industry. Just about all car/truck dealerships are happy to provide warranty and service to a vehicle that was not bought there, because they know they will get paid by the manufacturer. They also know that if they provide you excellent service you will buy your parts there, and if you have an extended warranty they will get your service business for many years. Also, if they provide you excellent service you most likely will buy your next vehicle from them. My point of view is that maybe some RV Dealers need to get past the issue of not getting a sale, and think in terms of all the service revenue they will have a shot at, and maybe a new sale. If they thought in terms of new opportunities maybe a lot of them wouldn't have gone out of business.
dpam is offline   Reply With Quote