View Single Post
Old 10-25-2019, 05:26 PM   #1
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
I'm being serious

Ok everyone who knows how I am about 1 ton duallies is going to have a field day with this one:

We are looking at much heavier 5th wheels and I was wondering what MTD and HDT stood for in tow vehicles?

I have seen a few like F550s with crew cabs and even lifts for motorcycles in front of the hitch (there are two of those in our campground). Is that a MTD or HDT?

By the way and related to an earlier thread: We talked to New Horizon and they can't build what we want. BUT it looks like Spacecraft can. I thought Spacecraft only built the monster SEMI based trailers but they also build 5th wheels. And just FYI they even build a SEMI with a stacker garage!!! Talk about hauling toys! I was actually pleasantly surprised that you could get one of their 5th wheels in the $200K range.

Anyway we are trying to thread a needle between hauling as many toys as we can but not getting so heavy that we have to use a SEMI Tractor to tow. I can see going around town in a F550 but if the Tow vehicle is a SEMI then we would need a small car for around town and would lose precious toy storage.

Ideally we want to be able to take a small side by side and jet ski in the garage and a Can Am Spider 3 wheeler on a lift in front of hitch maybe.

Camping is not the only reason to have an RV! Toys really add to the fun!! I hate hiking but I'll ride a side by side anywhere!
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote