View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 03:40 PM   #1
dpam
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10119
Some Keystone Dealers not supporting Warranty

There are no Keystone Dealers that sell new Montana product in Calgary Alberta (1 million + population). There is one Montana dealer approximately 50 miles away, but they were not willing to negotiate a price, so we bought our 3150RL in British Columbia at a dealer 400 miles away. We had our rear day/nite shades fall off the wall when the screws came out of the wall, so I called Keystone Customer Service and they provided me a list of Keystone Dealers in Calgary. Keystone stated the even though the Keystone Dealers don't sell the Montana product they can still provide warranty service. I contacted 4 larger dealers out of a list of 6 dealers that were within 14 miles. One out of the four told me they will provide warranty service, but gave me a service date 6 weeks into the future. Two told me they only provide warranty service for trailers they sell. I called the 4th dealer called Field of RV Dreams (Keystone Dealer) and they stated they will provide warranty service and we made an appointment for 5 days later. When I took the 3150 RL to the Field of RV Dreams dealer for the work the Service Department said their owner stated they are not to provide warranty service for a trailer they do not sell. After driving 14 miles to get to the dealer I wanted to get the day/nite shades re-installed so that we can use our Monty. They agreed to do the repair after they charged my Visa $62.00. So in other words they will not honour the Montana warranty because I didn't buy the Monty there (they don't sell the Montana product), but they were willing to do the repair if I paid for it even though they are a Keystone Dealer. I called Keystone to make them aware of this issue, and a great Customer Service person told me to send in the work order and copy of the receipt and they will reimbursement the repair cost. Guess where I will not be buying our next 5th wheel, and since the Field of RV Dreams is lacking business ethics it is my suggestion that all Canadians avoid going to shop at the Field of RV Dreams.
dpam is offline   Reply With Quote