View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 06:25 AM   #1
8e3k0
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9261
Some Interesting Tests

With the many times that I have drained the black and grey water tanks I had this feeling that that the tanks were not emptying properly inclusive of very slowly when the Monty was level and hooked to the truck.
So I did a test: First I drained both black and grey water tanks on the level after a number days usage. I let each drain until the flow slowly stopped. We live on a farm so I then took the Monty on a hill with the nose up and slightly leaning to the drivers side to see if any more liquid was there to dump; low and behold about 5 to 7 gallons (maybe more) came out from each tank indivdually as I opened the dump valves.
This means that each time we dump we continue to carry this added weight in the tanks because proper plumbing slope of tanks and drains has not been attained to completely drain all liquids. Good chance that solids will sit there forever if you do not raise the nose of the Monty up to dump. (galley holding tank seems to work well)
Does this mean that every Monty out there is built this way? Anyone else notice this problem?? Will be discussed with our Dealer to verify. Any feedback, experiences or tests would be appreciated. Thanks Ellis
8e3k0 is offline   Reply With Quote