View Single Post
Old 03-03-2015, 10:28 AM   #77
akf15e
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9143
Sad to say things like this were a major factor in me not having a 3rd Montana. Loved our rigs, even with the issues (most of them minor, except for leaking tanks). However, when it came down to a tossup between a new Big Sky and the SOB we ended up with, two things swayed my decision. One was the apparent slide in quality of new rigs I was seeing based on fellow MOCers experiences of late. More important, however, was the lack of a remedy many seem to be getting from Keystone. Conversely, the SOB forum is monitored regularly by the manufacturer and their reps play an active role on the site. I've even had 2 questions I posed answered directly by a rep within 48 hours of posting. As Rich points out, I have no illusions that the quality of this SOB, or any SOB, is much (if any) higher than my Montanas, but I felt that I would get better response from the other company when things do go wrong. It's a shame Keystone won't step up. Ironically, both brands are subsidiaries of Thor. Perhaps Thor should get some cross talk going amongst its brands?
akf15e is offline   Reply With Quote