View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 09:34 PM   #12
KTManiac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8818
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by farmboy

I think Larry Cad over on rv.net pretty much has all the answers you need in his post on the subject. Just do a search.
Lots of info out there, but nothing about the bonding of paralleled Honda's that I can find. With around $2,000 tied up in the 2 Honda's, I am reluctant to experiment beyond the bounds of my limited knowledge. I have been looking and looking for some kind of confirmation as to whether it is possible, or not, but to no avail. The Honda Power Equipment division guys, for sure, aren't going to stick their necks out by suggesting any type of mods that would solve this. Too bad that, as they would know for certain if it is do-able without any harmful effects to the inverter circuitry of linked generators due to synchronization issues.

I just don't know enough about it to make myself go out to the driveway and try it. I really hate letting the magic smoke out of my electronic goodies. Lord knows that I have done so too many times in the past!

I know for sure that the modified plug end works on a single generator, as I have actually done so with it being plugged in to the 20 amp receptacle, and my trailer power cord plugged in to the 30 amp twist-lock of the eu2000 Companion. It resolves the open ground seen by my hardwired 50 amp Surge Guard Plus. They used to have a bypass switch on this models remote display which made this a non-issue, but now do not offer it any longer. Another corporate CYA liability deal on Surge Guards part, I would suppose.

KTManiac is offline   Reply With Quote