View Single Post
Old 01-21-2018, 08:33 PM   #19
scottkeen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20894
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Traveler View Post
<snip>...boondocking - nothing like getting up with no one around you and seeing 100 miles in every direction...<snip>
AZ Traveler -- I haven't even gone camping with my RV once yet (just bought it last week!) but boondocking as you describe is one of the main reasons I wanted to get a RV, let alone full-time with it. I hope it works out as I'm dreaming it will. I grew up, lived, and traveled all over the world (mostly 3rd world s**hole countries ) many places without safe drinking water and unreliable power. So as long as I have my coffee and nobody bothering me, I should be good.

I just got off the phone with a friend, both of us RV newbies, talking about boondocking. We were trying to figure what made sense for dry-camping power sources. He was leaning to an Onan generator. I was leaning to a couple of lithium batts and solar panels, and (2) 2000W generators with 30A adapter. Neither of us has any idea, it's just talk now.

I had 17 250W solar panels on my house in Hawaii, and I tell ya, it ran everything except the central air-conditioner. 17 panels was pretty awesome.
scottkeen is offline   Reply With Quote