Thread: Weight Question
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2008, 03:40 AM   #15
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Johnny -
I hope you're out there and still following the thread. First, there is a very simple solution to both following the sticker and towing a trailer - when you're towing, don't fill the tank in the bed. If it handles fine and you're comfortable that you're safe, put in a quarter tank. I have followed this thread several times in various forms and both positions are defensible. I worked in the auto industry for 15 years and can tell you that there isn't a manufacturer out there that doesn't put at least a safety factor of 1.5 into everything. If there is a group more risk averse than some of our members, it's an automotive engineer. With that said, I did upgrade to a 3500 this time, because I may be getting a little heavier trailer in the future (read that as "Big Sky"). Also, it was mentioned that the way you drive and your shape and reflexes will probably go more toward avoiding that accident than the truck you have. Enjoy the forum. Regardless of which side of the weight issue you fall on, all of the members here are interested in safe, happy MOC members. Enjoy the forum.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote