View Single Post
Old 10-18-2018, 06:59 PM   #53
STIHLNTIME
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21339
I pull with the Ford hitch in a short bed F250, I can back up at very sharp angles without getting close to the truck cab. As for Ford there is no difference between drivetrains in the F250 and F350 on SRW trucks the same rear axle is used and there is one leaf spring difference. I can't speak to GM products, but there are many good hitches on the market. I would visit a shop that installs hitches and see what the most popular hitches they install and go from there. Just make sure it is rated for the loaded trailer weight. As far as what your truck will pull/not pull safely use common sense. You will find on this forum nothing short of a Kenworth or Peterbilt is safe to pull a "modern" fiver. I have pulled thousands of miles with a 3/4 ton with zero issues. I use common sense and am not grossly overweight, sure extremes will get you in trouble. Remember the highways and bridge abutments you will travel are rough any added cushioning will help or add airbags, they helped my ride immensely. Good Luck!
Sailun 637 tires Predator 3500 (2) paralleled
STIHLNTIME is offline   Reply With Quote