View Single Post
Old 02-19-2024, 11:29 AM   #25
newowneroldmontana
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19318
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieSC View Post
I admire Truckers. It's a hard job. I flash my lights to let them know they can change lanes in front of me. I give them all the considerations I can.
BUT, NO, they Don't Own the Road! A Trucker can cause Road Rage as easily as any other driver. Everyone be thoughtful of each other and all will arrive at their destination safely.
I didn't say truckers own the road. I said specifically that when a truck is making a turn, it's best for everyone to act like that truck owns the road. I said I still give truckers and RV'ers the same consideration while they're making turns, after learning first-hand a long time ago how much space it takes for large vehicles to safely clear turns.

That means that, for instance if I'm waiting at an intersection and I see that a truck, an RV, or a schoolbus is going to make a turn and might need to temporarily use a little bit of the lane I'm in, in order to safely clear the turn, I don't pull up all the way to the traffic light or the stop sign--I hang back a bit, to give that vehicle and its driver more space.

I, too, am talking about extending common courtesy, in an effort to get everyone to where they're going, safely. It's common courtesy to act like a large vehicle's driver *does* own the road, when that driver needs to make a wide turn.
newowneroldmontana is offline   Reply With Quote