View Single Post
Old 02-04-2020, 12:30 PM   #28
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADman_KS View Post
Those are all nice solutions, when you have the wall to measure against. Our 5er sits in a shed but the truck is outside the shed when hooking up, and it's on a different plane, so there's no way for me to know what the "actual" hooked height is.

Do places like truck stops have height gauges that you could go under that would give you the overall height? Even if I had to pay, this would be good to know.

The job is a lot harder to accomplish when the roof is curved. One way that I could do it would be to put the laser level (I have one of those) on the top of the A/C, and then measure from that point to the top of the edge of the camper, where it's rounded. Then, when hooked up on flat ground, measure from that point to the ground and add the two dimensions. While that would "work", it wouldn't be totally exact, and there would be room for error in there.

We have a new truck, and I KNOW that we are going to be higher than we were with our old truck, so I need to know what the overall height is...
Actually Set the laser on top of the AC put two 8' 2x4 together have someone hold against the side of the 5er shoot the laser to the 2x4 and mark the 2x4 then measure 2x4. Any object 14' tall would work
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote